TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MJ HOSTEL 1-GO MAJA 20/4, 20-410 LUBLIN, Poland
§ 1 ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES
1. Check-in is from 3 p.m. Check-out is by 11 a.m. the following day. Failure to check-out by 11 a.m. results in charging the customer for additional night accommodation without guarantee of staying in a room. When the room is booked for the following day by another person and it is not left by 11 a.m., the hostel staff is allowed to enter the room and pack the customer belongings in their absence. The belongings are taken to the luggage storage. 2. A valid photo identification document (ID card, passport or driving licence) is required at check-in. The payment for staying in the hostel is charged in advance according to the current payment schedule. In case of not using the booking due to circumstances beyond the control of the hostel, the booking deposit is non-refundable. There is a possibility of using the booking deposit at another time depending on available bed places, after prior agreement with reception and their confirmation. 3. 10 PLN (or equivalent in another currency) key deposit is taken from a guest at check-in. The deposit is given back at check-out if the keys are unharmed. 4. Hostel can refuse accepting a guest who blatantly violated the terms and conditions or differently distorted functioning of the hostel in the past. Hostel reserves the right to refuse accepting a guest who is under the influence of alcohol or other psychoactive substances. 5. In case of reducing the length of stay by a guest, the payment for not used overnight stays is nonrefundable. 6. Invoice demand should be reported at the reception desk at the time of check-in, or during the last day of stay at the latest. The invoice is set basing on the receipt or proof of payment.
§ 2 REGULATIONS FOR THE HOSTEL STAY
1. Every time a guest leaves Hostel the key should be left at the reception desk. 2. In case of key loss, Hostel will charge the customer 10 PLN or the equivalent of this amount in another currency. 3. Guests have the right to use any equipment or fixtures of the Hostel such as: a TV set, a fridge, a kettle, a microwave oven, an iron and other objects located in common areas of the Hostel. 4. A deposit of 50 PLN is taken for borrowing an iron, an ironing board or a hairdryer. 5. Using coil heaters, electrical irons or other similar devices, which are not a part of room equipment, is forbidden due to the fire safety rules. This ban does not apply to chargers and power suppliers
but they cannot be plugged to electrical sockets while their owners leave the room. A person who breaks this ban can be fined 50 PLN. 6. Hostel reserves the right to call special services when a guest is aggressive towards receptionists or other guests, when they use psychoactive substances, intrude quiet hours, throw litter or other things through a window. Every person who violates law and order of the Hostel will be asked to leave the place without opportunity of refunding the costs. A guest cannot give the bed place to another person even if the time for which they had paid did not pass by. A guest is obliged to respect the quiet hours from 10 o’clock p.m. to 6 o’clock a.m. At that time all guests have to behave in a way which does not disturb other people staying at the hostel. 7. An adult has to look after a person under 16. In other case a teenager cannot stay in the Hostel. 8. Dormitories are co-educational. Every bed in such a room is dedicated for one person only. 9. Guests are obliged to comply with fire safety rules as well as general safety rules. 10. Rooms and common areas should be kept neat and clean. 11. Borrowing a towel, doing laundry and other services are additionally charged. The payment schedule is available at the reception desk.
§ 3 RESPONSIBILITIES OF A GUEST
1. Additional charge is taken in a situation when a guest breaks or destroys hostel equipment. This charge depends on the cost of repairing the thing or buying a new one if the old one cannot be repaired. 2. Hostel is not responsible for personal items, money, electrical devices and valuables left in a room or common areas. Every lost or stolen thing will be reported to the police. 3. All valuable things should be kept at the luggage cabinet. 4. If a hostel guest wants to invite another person to the hostel, they should inform a receptionist about this fact. In such a situation the guest is responsible for all potential damages caused by people who visit the hostel but are not hostel guests. Visiting time finishes at 10 o’clock p.m. and all people who are not hostel guest have to leave the hostel before that time. 5. Personal things left in the room after check-out will be sent back at the address given by a guest, who will be charged for sending the parcel. In case of not receiving such an instruction, the things will be stored for a month from the day of check-out. After that time the hostel will dispose of the things.
§ 4 ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS
1. Smoking cigarettes in all rooms and common areas is strictly forbidden. If a guest violates this ban, they will be fined 500 PLN. 2. We love animals but we cannot accept them in our hostel. Well-being of all our guest is our priority. Sorry. 3. Hostel staff can enter a room in guests absence in order to clean or provide other necessary services. 4. During longer stay bed linen is changed after 7th hotel night.
§ 5 BOOKING AND PAYMENTS
1. Booking can be done by phoning, mailing or filling the form at the website. 2. The price for stay is not fixed and it may change e.g. when big regular events take place in the city. What is more, the price can depend on availability of rooms or beds in Hostel. Current payment scheme is available on the hostel website. After reservation and paying full price or downpayment, the price for the service is unchangeable. 3. The final booking takes place after advance payment of 30% of the full price of the service. The payment should be made by transfer onto the bank account number available at the contact page at our website. Lack of payment or lack of sending the confirmation of the transfer at the term given by a receptionist results in cancelling the reservation. 4. If any circumstances making it impossible to stay in a booked room appear, hostel will provide another room of the same standard.
§ 6 GROUP BOOKINGS
1. A group booking is a booking for at least ten people. 2. Group bookings are always negotiated directly with the management of the hostel. The conditions for groups may differ from the ones applying to an individual stay. 3. In case of a group stay an organiser is obliged to prepare a list of participants together with their personal details and to deliver this list to the reception desk in order to make the process of checkin easier. 4. The deposit of 10 PLN or an equivalent in another currency is taken from every person at the check-in. This deposit is refunded at the check-out if there are no damages caused by the members of the group.
5. The organiser is responsible for any damage or destruction of the property as well as violation of the terms and conditions mentioned in this document caused by any of the group members.
§ 7 CONCLUSIONS
1. By making a reservation a guest agrees to put their personal data in the hostel data base. The data will be processed according to the Personal Data Protection Act of August 29th 1997. 2. An administrator of personal data is MJHOSTEL 3. A guest has the right to change, complement or cross out their personal data on demand. 4. All disputes arising in connection with the terms and conditions document shall be submitted to the Polish law. 5. Disputes will be settled by a court of proper jurisdiction for the hostel. 6. All efforts are being made by the management and the hostel staff to provide services at the highest level. If any objections appear, complaints can be made at the reception desk.
This document becomes valid on 16th of June 2017